Tuesday 7 April 2009

Clubbing

Morgan's birthday party is on this Saturday. He plans for us to meet up at his house at 4.30, where we'll catch the bus to the city, and go K till 10. Then we'll go clubbing till 2am, then catch the bus to his house and sleepover. The following day will be a house party from 12 pm, dinner at Towers, then back to his house until late.

Now I want to go clubbing. Mainly because I haven't before.

Obstacles to this are my parents.

My parents arguments against:
1) It's too late at night
2) the environment/scene is bad
3) drunk people in the city at night are 'bad'
4) sleeping over at a male's house is bad
5) I might have sex with someone/do something that violates their morals, etc.

Arguments for:
1) I have money
2) + clothes
3) + transport there and back
4) the friends that I'm going with have already been introduced to parents
5) I will not drink too much (drinks are expensive >=[)
6) I will not wear provocative clothing
7) and we will be travelling in a group
8) there will be two other girls going
9) I really want to go
10) it's on saturday, and easter break, so I don't have work/study
11) I have driving lessons the next day, so I can't drink that much

My arguments against clubbing so that I won't feel bad if they vehemently say no, despite me trying to reason with them:
1) I have to spend money
2) I could be assaulted by a really slimy guy
3) I might have to look after drunk friends
4) I could wait until I'm older (when my parents are more used to me going out, and I'm not just fresh into uni)
5) I might get bored
6) heels are annoying

...

I can't win this can I.

>=(

2 comments:

divine.iniquity said...

Hmm yes it's always good to write down pros and cons; I try to juggle them in my head but I never get them all down, so good work ^^

Ultimately if you really wanted to go the only obstacle left would be your 'rents. I would simply omit the clubbing bit to them when I tell them what I'm doing, after all, it won't hurt them so why tell them? But then that's just me. I find that if my parents are going to be detrimental to what I feel is right to have, then I'll go to certain measures to removing them as an obstacle.

Hope things go well for the party. Sounds like itll be a great experience for you ^^

gnataes said...

ah yeah... i was honest with my parents, and they let me go. just once though, so I could learn oO i told them exactly what we were doing, and my dad tried to warn me about the dangers of clubbing, which i said i wouldn't believe until i say it with my own eyes. *nods*