Tuesday 2 June 2009

here's the story of a girl who grew up lost and lonely

I'm somehow really glad that I made a self pact not to get into any short-term or long-term relationships this year. You might think that those two types are interchangeable, but they're not. I think most people enter relationships expecting that it will be long term, but that's not usually the case. People think you're an immoral person if you enter a relationship and both of you know if will end quite quickly.

But they're not immoral. They're realistic, and they know what they want. They know that they'll save themselves a lot of heart-ache later.

Anyway. The point is, I'm glad that I've decided not to date anyone until next year because
1) it weeds out all the ones who are only interested in sex and
2) it weeds out people who are impatient and
3) it weeds out all the people that are actually jackasses, but are really nice to you in the first few months that you know them.

I don't know why I'm thinking about this...

No comments: