Monday 20 April 2009

Cooking fail

Today, I tried to cook, and it ended in disaster. I tried a recipe for curried oats: http://teaandcookies.blogspot.com/2009/03/caramelized-onions-at-breakfast.html

Now, usually when I cook, it turns out fine. Like edible. But usually, I follow the recipe exactly, even if I don't use high quality ingredients (home brand stuff IS fine, fyi)

Not so today. Instead of using curry powder, I used curry paste, and I used milk, because usually when I make curry I use coconut milk, and we didn't have any... so I thought I'd substitute.

BAD IDEA.

The result was something with the consistency of orange, warm, viscous vomit. I would have taken a photo... but it was just... pretty gross actually.

Let's just say I'm not straying from the recipe anytime soon again =/

2 comments:

Kram said...

GG-oat curry! GEDDIT??!

gnataes said...

lolphail