Sunday 11 January 2009

The 10 legged inter-species horizontal cha cha

The cockamouse is a hybrid creature, part cockroach, part mouse. It exists only in the fictional realms of "How I met your mother" in Ted, Marshall and Lily's apartment.

I may have spent too much time watching TV with my family. Till about 2am in fact.

It feels rather odd to watch a TV show, with my dad in particular, that expresses values that are so clearly opposing to my parent's. I.e. The show espouses comparatively liberal views on sex.

Because my parents have a very traditional viewpoint on pretty much everything. And they think that people who don't hold the same values they do are beneath them. So far they don't know that I don't actually think like they do, adn I have done (and plan to do) things that goes against what they have been teaching me (even until now).

It feels odd.

2 comments:

Crushed said...

I can kind of see where you're coming from. I didn't discuss sex with my parents at your age- in fact I kind of still don't. I think they picked up during my student years they I wasn't exactly a choirboy, because they knew I was in the rave scene and over the years I think they picked things up. I lived with my Mum for a few months in my early twenties again after I split up from a fiance and I found I was a lot more candid with her than I had been.

Now, of course, she reads my blog, which is a pain, but she knows all those sordid secrets about me, which makes it kind of odd going to visit. Because we don't talk about any of it, but it's the sense she knows.

Unknown said...

Be thankful your mum doesn't read your blog like crushed's does ^^