Tuesday 30 December 2008

9th wedding in the family

So my cousin Londonette is finally getting married. She has found a nice strapping English lad who works in the entertainment industry (as a DJ, a promoter and a bouncer), who's quite tall, well built, bald, and a good chess player. Let's call him Kasparov.

Londonette and Kasparov are getting married sometime in August in Thailand. Now my parents are refusing to attend said wedding. I asked if it was because it was Thailand and that it was kind of like they were eloping.

Actually, they're refusing to go because she ran off to London for five years, and because she's marrying a guy who's English like Stephen K. Amos is English. Except he's not gay. Or a comedian.

Yeah.

Wrap your head around that.

I think the next boy I bring home will be a pinoi.

2 comments:

Crushed said...

You know, 56 million of us live here.

Half of us are male.

I'm not gay, or a comedian.

Admittedly, I'm not strictly speaking English either.

gnataes said...

I was trying to be subtle. Kind of. I don't know why I made this post =/ I just feel ashamed that my parents can't see past the outer layer you know? Like they can't see the funny, smart, polite young man, and all they can see is a wall of coloured assumptions.