Saturday 13 December 2008

they taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, your little spies

I miss Spud. I wish I could talk to her. Now that I can't talk at Lief, Spud is the only one who I can talk at comfortably. Of course I talk to various people, but there is a subtle difference between talking to and talking at. Anyway... I'm just rambling.

According to my parents, because I'm over 18 now, I should behave, talk and think more like an adult. I should be more responsible for the happenings of the household, and over aspects of my life. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to have the privileges of being 18. I'm not allowed to drink when I go out and I'm not even allowed to go out anymore. I have a job, but the money I earn there is to be locked away so that I can buy textbooks for university, and so I can tutor students. I have to ask permission everytime I want to step out of the house.

So. I'm expected to act like an adult, but I'm still being treated as a child. It would be insufficient to say I am mildly annoyed.

3 comments:

Crushed said...

You see, I was lucky. At 16 I got a job at a hotel weekends and weekday nights.

So they got used to me being out. And sometimes I'd just go clubbing and pretend to be working.

But I think it was going off to Uni at 18 where I really branched out and spread my wings.
Off course, you could say I went totally off the rails then, but I think you have to try everything once. You only get one shot.

gnataes said...

That is very lucky. I would pretend to work, but I don't enjoy lying to my parents. I'm not in uni yet, so I don't know if things will change or not. One can hope =/

Crushed said...

:)
They will.

I found myself at Uni, I think.
It's when you learn to mould yourself, after years of being moulded.