Wednesday 3 December 2008

Ethics - OR - How I completely smacked that interview in the face

All that reading on ethics (I think I spent 6 hours or so on that alone) came in handy afterall. There were a lot of ethical reasoning/dilemma stations today, or stations which required reasonable thought that stemmed from ethical reasoning.

Unfortunately when it came to stations that were supposed to be nice ones, I choked. "Why do you want to be a doctor?" Well I'm interested in human behaviour and their actions, especially when things go wrong. I'm a problem solver, so fixing problems is what I want to do for the rest of my life. "Any other reasons?" ... Is that not a good enough reason? Um... to... save... lives? To... help... people... and stuff... *mumble mumble* WTF Are you telling me that my reason for becoming a doctor isn't good enough for you? Well you can go to "Your time is up for this station. Please exit the room and wait outside the door of your next station. Thank you."

*phew*

Another "nice" one. You had to pick out of a choice of 4 emotions, the emotion that best represented that in the eyes of the picture given. I had already done this question in this quiz: ==> http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sex/index_cookie.shtml. But there were 36 of them to do in 7 minutes and it took too long >< damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn

And then another one where I had to deal with a crying patient.

I slammed the rest of the staions though. Take that!

I feel really drained right now.

2 comments:

Crushed said...

I'm actually quite good at the ones where they show you the eyes and you have to guess the emotions...

They do as funny questions at these interviews though, don't they?

'What motivates you?'

Well, you're hardly going to say 'Getting paid as much as possible for doing as little as possible, are you?'

Get watching House, you'll pick up some pointers! :)

Unknown said...

That's not an interview, that's a test! I wouldn't have expected an 'interview' like that. o.0